City Life Church, Cambridge started 24 years ago with a vision, passion and boldness to do something risky. It's been a blast, and like everything worthwhile, it's been difficult as well as joyous. Still, we see God has brought our time to an end. As of June 10th CLC Cambridge will disperse, sending our final number out to change the world--the mission God gave us right from the very start. Thank you to everyone who's joined the amazing adventure! There is so much to be grateful for. We still identify as family and we remain friends as we enjoy finding out what God has for us all next. --Kevin, Tom, Lyn & Tim
Creative All-Ages Outdoor Praying
Here’s some ideas to get us started:
- All together: let’s dedicate this time to Him, thanking Him that we can be with Him anywhere,anytime–like now and here!
- In a pair: look for an area, a location or a landmark and thank God as you make your way to it. Thank Him specifically for who He is, what He’s done.
- on your own, or as a family: walk (or run!) to another location and when you get there ask Him for something for yourself, your family, neighbourhood and city. This can be quick and fun–why not try just blurting out a phrase? It doesn’t need to be formal. i.e. “sleep!”, “grades!”, “healed depression!”. He knows what we mean before we even ask. For example, kids run to the slide and decide what you’ll pray. Then pray it out on your way down the slide!
- your own idea: In the flow, try your own fun and informal way to pray on the move
- Together again to finish: Any prayers you overhead from others inspire you? Want to repeat a prayer you heard from one of the kids to cultivate your child-likeness? Go for it!