City Life is a family of families who love God and Cambridge. Learn more about us, say hello. We welcome you to try out one of our meetings. We exist to help each other, and our city, and see Jesus realised in our communities.
Creative All-Ages Outdoor Praying
Here’s some ideas to get us started:
- All together: let’s dedicate this time to Him, thanking Him that we can be with Him anywhere,anytime–like now and here!
- In a pair: look for an area, a location or a landmark and thank God as you make your way to it. Thank Him specifically for who He is, what He’s done.
- on your own, or as a family: walk (or run!) to another location and when you get there ask Him for something for yourself, your family, neighbourhood and city. This can be quick and fun–why not try just blurting out a phrase? It doesn’t need to be formal. i.e. “sleep!”, “grades!”, “healed depression!”. He knows what we mean before we even ask. For example, kids run to the slide and decide what you’ll pray. Then pray it out on your way down the slide!
- your own idea: In the flow, try your own fun and informal way to pray on the move
- Together again to finish: Any prayers you overhead from others inspire you? Want to repeat a prayer you heard from one of the kids to cultivate your child-likeness? Go for it!